Stonington Town Hall Conference Room
Feel free to host a meal there-- the Harbor Café, located right next door to the Town Hall, is a great place to get food from. Burnt Cove Market, right off of Rt. 15 A, is also a good place to get food for a party! Please make sure to clean up if you do end up hosting a meal.
There are a couple of forms you need to fill out before renting this place. To rent this space, complete the Town Hall Building Use Application form and the Tenant User Liability Program (TULIP) form. Before filling either of these out, you should read the Town Hall Building Use Policy.
Daily rental rates are $25 for an event that will last less than three hours, and $50 for one that will last more than three hours, and a per-event security deposit. Contact the Town Clerks, 207-367-2351 ext. 12, for more information.
- Boyce’s Motel: 44 Main Street, Stonington, Maine, 04681. 207-367-2421. firstname.lastname@example.org www.boycesmotel.com/boyces.html
- Inn on the Harbor: 45 Main Street, Stonington, Maine, 04681. 207-367-2420. email@example.com www.innontheharbor.com
- There are also a multitude of different hotels, inns, and B&Bs on the peninsula.
- Aragosta: 27 Main Street, Stonington, Maine, 04681. 207-367-5500. www.aragostamaine.com/
- Fisherman’s Friend: 5 Atlantic Avenue, Stonington, Maine, 04681. 207-367-2442. www.fishermansfriendrestaurant.com
- Harbor Café: 36 Main Street, Stonington, Maine, 04681. 207-367-5099.
- Water's Edge Wines: 6 Thurlow's Hill Road, Stonington, Maine, 04681. 207-367-6348. www.watersedgewines.com
- Go kayaking at Old Quarry Ocean Adventures. Contact at: 207-367-8977, or at www.oldquarry.com.
- Tour an abandoned granite quarry. For more info: www.islandheritagetrust.org/pdf/IHT_quarry_bro_090507.pdf
- Learn about the granite industry at the Granite Museum, on Main St. in Stonington.
- Watch a show at the Opera House. Contact at: 207-367-2788, or at www.operahousearts.org.
- Look at art in the GWatson Gallery, located along Main St. in Stonington.
- Walk along our trails and beaches! Go to www.islandheritagetrust.org/visit.html for a list of things to do, and www.islandheritagetrust.org/pdf/public-access-map.pdf for a useful map of the island!
- Acadia National Park: 53 miles, 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Bangor: 59 miles, 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Bar Harbor: 58 miles, 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Belfast: 58 miles, 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Blue Hill: 24 miles, 40 minutes
- Bucksport: 41 miles, 1 hour
- Camden Hills State Park: 74 miles, 1 hour, 50 minutes
- Castine: 38 miles, 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Ellsworth: 38 miles, 1 hour
- Holbrook Island Sanctuary: 25 miles, 55 minutes