Important Updates for Our Community
A Message From The Town
The Town Hall is open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, for one customer at a time. Call 207-367-2351 ext. 12 if you need assistance. Please be patient with us, as restrictions surrounding COVID-19 safety protocols may impact our ability to deliver services in a timely manner.
Deer Isle and Stonington were fortunate to have avoided significant incidence of the Coronavirus since it was first detected in the US early in 2020. As with the 1917 Spanish Flu pandemic, colder weather and ongoing personal interaction have caused a dramatic increase in infections across Europe, Canada, the United States and now Deer Isle and Stonington.
This is a difficult situation, but one that was anticipated as nursing homes everywhere are affected. Now is the time for the wider community to do our part. The leaders of Deer Isle and Stonington are calling on all residents to embrace the following practices:
- Stay home as much as possible to avoid exposure to the virus.
- Avoid all unnecessary indoor contact with people other than your immediate household.
- Wear a cloth or paper mask when you are near people outside your immediate household. The mask must cover your mouth and nose at all times to be effective.
- Even while wearing a mask, maintain a twelve-foot social distance whenever possible, and never less than six feet.
- Practice good hygiene with frequent handwashing and use of hand sanitizers.
- Engage in outdoor activities such as walking for your physical and mental well being. This is the safest place to be when socializing.
- Stay in touch with friends and family by telephone and digital communications. We need each other, but have to work together to be safe.
We have posted information about resources such as medical contacts, testing services, curbside sales, grocery delivery and more on our website www.townofdeerisle.org/health. Our local businesses need your support and will try to meet your needs while keeping you safe.
A list of resources and information that will help you and your employees overcome difficulties in this time.
This document can help you weather the storm a little safer and a little healthier by providing you with updates from local businesses on hours of operation and other operating changes. Use these resources to help you shelter in place, social distance, and get the help you need.
- Island-wide resources
- State-wide resources