Town of Stonington Maine [logo]

How do I apply for...?

Select a topic below to view answer.

Current job openings for the Town of Stonington are posted below. To apply for a job offered, please complete the Application for Employment linked below, and submit by correspondence or by email, and we will respond at our earliest convenience.

Please send applications to:
Town of Stonington, PO Box 9, Stonington, Maine, 04681
Or email to:

The Town of Stonington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions will remain open until filled.

Related Documents:

Town of Stonington Employment Application

Town Job Openings

Administrative Assistant / Economic Development Director

The Town of Stonington has an opening for a full time Adminstrative Assistant / Economic Development Director.

This job requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as multitasking and organizational capabilities, and a detail-oriented personality.  Computer proficiency is also required, including knowledge of Microsoft Office.  Experience with Quickbooks is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate.

The person we hire will be expected to answer phones, help customers at the front desk, perform minor bookkeeping duties, assist the Town Manager with various projects, write grants, and manage economic development projects.  This is a dynamic work environment with variety in the tasks performed each day.  We are willing to work with motivated individuals who don’t have a lot of experience, but who exhibit skills and qualities we’re looking for.

Economic development requires strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with business people and other economic development officials, as well as state and federal agencies.  Excellent candidates will have the ability to coordinate and manage ongoing economic development projects, grant writing, and administrative duties. Knowledge and experience with economic and community development is helpful, but we are willing to train the right candidate.

Please send your resume to or to PO Box 9, Stonington, Maine 04681 or apply in person at the town office. Applications will be taken until the job is filled. Stonington is an EOE.

Cleaning Person Part Time

The Town of Stonington is hiring for a part time Cleaning Person.  This position will consist of general cleaning (sweep, mop, vacuum, trash removal) at the Town Hall and School Building year round and public bathrooms during the summer.  The School Building will require 3 days per week and about an hour each day.  The Town Hall will require one weekend day and about 2 hours.  The public bathrooms will be daily for about an hour throughout the summer May through October.  In total the position will be about 20 hours a week during the summer and 10 hours a week the rest of the year.

Interested persons can contact the Town Office at 207-367-2351 and/or stop by for an application during regular business hours Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm.

Animal Control Officer

The Town of Stonington has a job opening for an Animal Control Officer.  This person will operate on an hourly basis and report to the Stonington Town Manager.  The Animal Control Officer is responsible for the following duties: 1) Enforce the Animal Control Laws of the State of Maine within the boundaries of Stonington. 2) Within six months of appointment become certified by the State of Maine as an Animal Control Officer. 3) Serve warnings to dog owners who fail to register their dogs in accordance with state law by January 31st each year. 4) Investigate, prepare a report, and deliver said report to the proper authorities in regard to all animal bite and abuse reports in accordance with state statute.  5) When practical, transport stray animals to the designated town animal shelter. 

Planning Board Secretary

The Town of Stonington seeks a secretary to serve on our Planning Board.  This position will be responsible for taking minutes at Planning Board meetings, and will receive a stipend for work performed at each monthly meeting.  This position is part-time.  The Planning Board meets the third Thursday of the month at 6:30 PM.

By filling out the form below, and delivering it to the Town Hall, either in person, or by correspondence to PO Box 9, Stonington, Maine, 04681.  A call to Roger Stone, Stonington's Licensed Plumbing Inspector, is encouraged.

Roger Stone, Licensed Plumbing Inspector
Phone: 207-367-2601

Related Documents:

Plumbing Permit

In order to legally sell liquor at a dining establishment, an approved liquor license application is required.  Fill out the form below, and deliver it in person to the Town Hall, or by correspondence to PO Box 9, Stonington, Maine, 04681.

Related Documents:

Liquor License Application

Development is not legally allowed until a Building Permit Application has been completed and approved by the issuing authority.  Instructions are provided on the application.

For more information, please contact Judy Jenkins, Code Enforcement Officer.

Judy Jenkins, Code Enforcement Officer
Phone: 207-367-2351 ext. 11 (cell: 207-266-0785)

Related Documents:

Building Permit Application

If you've got a large quantity of brush you'd like to burn, you need to acquire a burn permit before doing so.  These permits may be obtained by calling members of the Stonington Fire Department.

Ryan Hayward, Fire Chief
Phone: 207-610-3106

Delbert Gross, Fire Police
Phone: 207-367-5099.

arrow up top of page

Website Disclaimer External Links Disclaimer

Copyright © 2008-2021 Town of Stonington Maine

Website by Barnstormer Design Group