Town of Stonington Maine [logo]

How do I apply for...?

Select a topic below to view answer.

Current job openings for the Town of Stonington are posted below. To apply for a job offered, please complete the Application for Employment linked below, and submit by correspondence or by email, and we will respond at our earliest convenience.

Please send applications to:
Town of Stonington, PO Box 9, Stonington, Maine, 04681
Or email to:

The Town of Stonington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions will remain open until filled.

Related Documents:

Application for Employment

Town Job Openings

Harbor Master, Pier Manager

We have a full-time position open to help us manage our busy working waterfront and network of infrastructure including: docks, piers, boat landings, and beaches. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, ability to manage seasonal assistants, basic boating skills, the ability to maintain and repair docks and floats, the ability to lift 50 LBS, and the ability to enforce town ordinances. This position will require the application to have basic office, administrative, and computer skills, especially with the Microsoft Office suite. Maine Harbormaster Certification is desirable, but we are willing to train the right person. Applicants must be able to pass a background check and must have a valid drivers license. The position is full time, with some weekend duties, and is on-call for emergencies. There are heath insurance benefits, paid sick time, paid holidays, and paid vacation. Pay depends on experience and qualifications.

Job Type: Full-time

Town Clerk

The Town of Stonington is hiring a full-time Town Clerk.  This position is offered with competitive wages, health insurance, paid vacation, and paid sick time.  Good candidates will possess excellent reading, writing, and communications skills, and should be capable of multi-tasking with minimum supervision.  Organization and attention to detail are must-haves, as this position will include record-keeping, accounting, data entry, election oversight, and Microsoft computer work.  A municipal background and experience with TRIO and QuickBooks software is preferred, but not required: we will train applicants with good attitudes and a willingness to learn.

Animal Control Officer

The Town of Stonington has a job opening for an Animal Control Officer.  This person will operate on an hourly basis and report to the Stonington Town Manager.  The Animal Control Officer is responsible for the following duties: 1) Enforce the Animal Control Laws of the State of Maine within the boundaries of Stonington. 2) Within six months of appointment become certified by the State of Maine as an Animal Control Officer. 3) Serve warnings to dog owners who fail to register their dogs in accordance with state law by January 31st each year. 4) Investigate, prepare a report, and deliver said report to the proper authorities in regard to all animal bite and abuse reports in accordance with state statute.  5) When practical, transport stray animals to the designated town animal shelter. 

Planning Board Secretary

The Town of Stonington seeks a secretary to serve on our Planning Board.  This position will be responsible for taking minutes at Planning Board meetings, and will receive a stipend for work performed at each monthly meeting.  This position is part-time.  The Planning Board meets the third Thursday of the month at 6:30 PM.

By filling out the form below, and delivering it to the Town Hall, either in person, or by correspondence to PO Box 9, Stonington, Maine, 04681.  A call to Roger Stone, Stonington's Licensed Plumbing Inspector, is encouraged.

Roger Stone, Licensed Plumbing Inspector
Phone: 207-367-2601

Related Documents:

Plumbing Permit

In order to legally sell liquor at a dining establishment, an approved liquor license application is required.  Fill out the form below, and deliver it in person to the Town Hall, or by correspondence to PO Box 9, Stonington, Maine, 04681.

Related Documents:

Liquor License Application

Development is not legally allowed until a Building Permit Application has been completed and approved by the issuing authority.  Instructions are provided on the application.

For more information, please contact Judy Jenkins, Code Enforcement Officer.

Judy Jenkins, Code Enforcement Officer
Phone: 207-367-2351 ext. 11 (cell: 207-266-0785)

Related Documents:

Building Permit Application

If you've got a large quantity of brush you'd like to burn, you need to acquire a burn permit before doing anything.  These permits may be obtained by calling members of the Stonington Fire Department.

Ryan Hayward, Fire Chief
Phone: 207-610-3106

Delbert Gross, Fire Police
Phone: 207-367-5099.

arrow up top of page

Website Disclaimer External Links Disclaimer

Copyright © 2008-2021 Town of Stonington Maine

Website by Barnstormer Design Group